Features of our Photography Workshops
Release the artist in you
Learn to recognize the visual elements of creative framing and composition. Discussions, individual tutoring and field exercises help you progress quickly to refine your photographic eye.
Understand your camera
Take control of your camera through better understanding of its main functions. Master manual settings, proper exposure through light metering and have your technical questions answered.
Feedback on your photography
Practice makes perfect! Personalized comments and suggestions will help you improve your photgraphy throughout the workshop. Go out of your 'comfort zone' and try new techniques.
Friendly and relaxed atmosphere
Starting with the opening orientation dinner, there are plenty of casual opportunities to exchange ideas with the others and learn together. New lifelong friendships start here.
The small group environment of no more than eight participants guarantees a supportive atmosphere for sharing photography ideas, techniques and instruction.
Paris is your classroom
Capture the classic architecture and the romance of the city. Learn to recognize photographic situations, anticipate street scenes, and catch the lights at night. Paris is a feast for photographers.
Sample Workshop Programme
|Day 0||Sunday – Orientation|
|PM||Meet at a designated meeting point. Introduction and orientation|
|Review of participants photography objectives, workshop itinerary, friendly group critique of participants’ submitted photos|
|Dinner together (venue to be determined)|
|Day 1||Monday – From the Marais to the Luxembourg Garden|
|AM||The Marais district with its varied architecture, courtyards, and street scenes|
|Lunch in a restaurant in the Marais (included in the workshop fee)|
|PM||Around Notre Dame cathedral and the Seine river. End the afternoon in the Luxembourg garden.|
|Day 2||Tuesday – A day of contrasts: Montmartre, La Défense and night photography|
|AM||Montmartre with its village atmosphere, the romantic stairways and the secret corners of the hill;|
|Lunch in a little café or according to participants’ choice (not included in the workshop fee)|
|PM||The fast pace and modern district of La Défense in contrast with the traditional Parisian scenes|
|EVE||Night photography around the Louvre.|
|Day 3||Wednesday – In the heart of the city|
|AM||St Germain, its small streets and cafés|
|PM||Free period in the afternoon|
|EVE||Night photography around Notre Dame cathedral|
|Day 4||Thursday - Review of photos and closing discussion|
|AM||Meet at a designated meeting point. Image critique, review of the workshop and wrap-up discussion|
|Farewell lunch together (Included in the workshop fee)|
- fees are payable in Euros (€) by secure on-line payment or bank transfer
- a non-refundable deposit of 150€ is due when registration is confirmed
- the remaining balance (645€) is due 30 days prior to the start of the workshop
- once paid in full, the fees minus the deposit are refundable up to two weeks prior to start date
- within 2 weeks of start, no refunds are possible
- in case of cancellation by Better Travel Photos, a full refund of all fees paid will be provided
What's Not Included
- transportation from your home to Paris
- accommodation in Paris during the workshop
- any meals and drinks other than those explicitly indicated in the programme
- ground transportation around the city during the workshop
- travel and emergency medical insurance